Opportunities with the New Westminster May Day Community Association are to be had. Currently, we're looking for key roles for the Executive team as well as Event Coordinators. Other roles we'll be seeking in the future will be event specific.
Attention NWSS Students! May Day would be an excellent opportunity to get your required volunter hours for graduation. Reach out if you have any questions.
Future roles we'll be looking to fill, but aren't limited to:
- Dance teachers
- Dancer coordinators (supporting the Event Coordinators)
- Guest Services (guest Information, ushers, concession)
These are examples of roles needed to filled. Check back often for postings or sign up for our newsletter to be informed when new roles are posted.
About Executive responsibilities
- You aid in steering and supporting the vision and mission on preserving and celebrating May Day
- You attend and contribute to monthly meetings (currently video calls) to discuss, plan, and execute the May Day event
- You will lead in a specific area to round out the talent pool and to share the responsibilities.
- You bring a collaborative spirit to conversation and decision making (directionally) while being trusted to lead your area of expertise (execution).
About Coordinator responsibilities
- You bring coordinator experience, ideally in events and people leadership.
- You identify needs and bring to the Executive Team for support and/or alignment.
- You will lead a large team of volunteers, work with a Program or Artistic Director, as well as personally manage and support special guests of the May Day event.